Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's All About The Heart


Last weekend I was able to attend the Spark Creative event. It was great to be surrounded by so many creative thinkers and to take some time out for myself. While practicing some of the photography skills we had learned in class I noticed something that made my heart so very happy! I looked at the ivy on the wall behind the SPARK logo and I saw something so simple and beautiful. As you'll see in the first photo, there was a large heart just waiting to be discovered in the climbing ivy. I happily hopped on a chair and adjusted the top corner of the ivy to expose a beautiful great big heart! It's moments like this that remind me of God's love. He is, after all the Master Creator. Despite all the beautiful displays and carefully placed decor at the event, this was a simple statement of beauty. "It is the sweet simple things of life which are the real ones after all" Laura Ingalls Wilder. Mindy Gledhill gave a lovely concert Friday night and sang a beautiful song entitled "All about
Your Heart." She wrote it for Stephanie Neilson, who suffered major burns in a plane crash last year. The song addresses the need to look beyond the superficial and to see the beauty of the heart. If I learned one thing at the event, it probably wasn't about scrapbooking or crafting...it was the value of true and simple beauty. The kind that can only be seen and appreciated with the heart. That was a lesson worth learning!

With hope, L


No comments: