Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Read Across America


Happy Read Across America Day! It's Dr Seuss's birthday and we are celebrating! For Young Women's tonight we're having a children's storybook party! I'm very excited!! I love children's books. The simplicity, the insightful messages, the fabulous illustrations... 

Being surrounded by educators, Mauri is already well on the path to literacy. One day I caught her sitting in her vintage rocking horse chair quietly reading. It was too cute! She was telling herself a story according to what she saw in the pictures. That's the great thing about books, they open the door to so much creativity and imagination.

I'm actually working on some ideas for writing and illustrating a children's book myself. I know, almost everyone fancies themselves a writer, but right now I'm all about exploring ideas. It's something I've always dreamed of... so we'll see!

Hope you celebrate too! Grab your favorite book, get cozy, and let yourself get lost in the pages!

With Love, 
L

No comments: