Thursday, November 3, 2011

One, Two, Three, Four...





I'm always trying to narrow down the photos I post here. I figure you'd all be a bit bored if I posted everything I shot... Sometimes that means a lot of my favorite photos go unseen. Thought I'd share a handful of the same series today. These are all untouched, yet the ever-changing fall light can make for lots of different and interesting effects. Every now and than I just can't pick my favorite. I like the crispness of the first photo and the way the lighting created a soft vintage wash on the second and third shots. I rather like that the final photo has a vintage feel, while still keeping the subject in focus. Just curious... which one is your favorite?

PS: I know many of my readers are quite literary minded... so here's one more question: What are your top three (or so) favorite books? I'm planning a visit to the library and need some recommendations:)

L

8 comments:

Laura Nielson Baxter said...

I love the first photo best because of the rich colors, crisp focus, angle and POV, and the light rays...so pretty!

Jenee said...

I think the last one is my favorite! I love everything about it! All of them are wonderful and give me the Fall feeling! Jenee

Stephanie said...

I love the close-up shot in the middle. :) Looks like you have vote for all three, LJ!

As for books, "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee is fantastic. I want to re-read "Tale of Two Cities" by Dickens too. :)

I recently finished a book by Max Lucado called "Life to the Max." It was a fascinating compilation of some of his different writings. I'm most familiar with the children's books he's done and this was a whole new view of his writing. This book focuses on some of his faith-based works; even though it's not written from an LDS perspective (he uses a few different Bible translations), I thought the overall message was very powerful and very much in line with Gospel teachings.

Enjoy! :)

Unknown said...

I give two thumbs up to the first picture. I love the sharpness and vivid colors, the way I hope to see the world :

I don't know if I can choose just three. I love many books for different reasons. Some of my favorites these days are David Copperfield, The Princess Bride and The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. A totally random selection but that is how I roll :)

Stephanie said...

Or there could be 4 pictures, not 3! Seriously, this is what happens when an English teacher tries to count after a long day of grading papers. :)

Whitney said...

I like the first one myself, and I LOVE The photos from yesterday's post. SO CUTE! BAH! I can't stand it! I love reading autobiographies and a couple really good ones I have read recently are "Life Without Limits," and "Running With Angels." Both of them had me in tears at different points they are so inspiring and have given me a lot to think about.

Brett said...

I love the one at the top.

As far as books go, I have to second Steph's suggestions. And cheesy as they are, I actually really enjoyed listening to the Dean Hughes Children of Promise books when I worked at Imaging. Sadly, that tells you how little fiction I have consumed over the last twelve years of my life.

Ali Yardley said...

To Kill A Mockingbird is my favorite book.:)