Thursday, June 21, 2012

Something That Speaks to You


I kind of love this Instagram I took down on the farm. It's warm, rustic, and dreamy. As you may have noticed from this post, here, I was feeling a little discouraged about my creative abilities. I guess turning 30 caused a bit of an..."Oh my goodness, what am I doing with my life?!" phase. As I usually do when I need a little encouragement, I called my sister Stephanie. She said everything I needed to hear, including this: "Take a picture of something that speaks to you today." I didn't feel much like touching my camera, but I kept my phone with me just in case I became so inclined... and you know what, I couldn't resist that setting sun. As I wandered about snapping photos, I felt like myself. I looked for interesting angles and ways to capture the brilliance of the evening light.

So here's a challenge for you: go take a picture of something that speaks to you today. You might just see something beautiful that perhaps you wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

L

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ali and I are exploring more of Atlanta today. We will take up your challenge with gusto!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHICA!!!!!!!