Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Firm Foundation



The other day I felt compelled to go for a quick drive to the Provo Temple. I wanted to soak in the beauty and peace of being on the temple grounds. A fierce rain and windstorm started just after I arrived. As I sat in my car listening to the rain and pondering about life, I thought about one of my favorite scriptures, 


Helaman 5:12: And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the  rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.


In a world of storms and struggles, I feel so blessed to know where to turn for safety, direction, and peace. So grateful for a firm foundation in the gospel of Jesus Christ.


L

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love this pic and the thoughts behind it! Love you too, of course!! :)

Whitney said...

That picture is so cool! I echo Stephanie's thoughts completely!