Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Once Upon a Time...

Once upon a time... Aren’t those wonderful words to begin a story? “Once upon a time” promises something: a story of adventure and romance, a story of princesses and princes. It may include tales of courage, hope, and everlasting love. In many of these stories, nice overcomes mean and good overcomes evil. But perhaps most of all, I love it when we turn to the last page and our eyes reach the final lines and we see the enchanting words “And they lived happily ever after.”

Sisters, those words are true! They are not made up in a fairy tale! Isn’t it remarkable to know that our eternal Heavenly Father knows you, hears you, watches over you, and loves you with an infinite love? In fact, His love for you is so great that He has granted you this earthly life as a precious gift of “once upon a time,” complete with your own true story of adventure, trial, and opportunities for greatness, nobility, courage, and love. And, most glorious of all, He offers you a gift beyond price and comprehension. Heavenly Father offers to you the greatest gift of all—eternal life—and the opportunity and infinite blessing of your own “happily ever after.”

President Dieter F Uchtdorf

I love everything about this wonderful talk by President Uchtdorf from the most recent Young Women's meeting. I had been feeling impressed to study the Young Women meetings for the last couple of years before marrying Danny in April. Soon after joining our new ward I was called to be the secretary in the Young Women's program. It is a great blessing to me and I love the girls very much. I want a happily ever after for each of them and can testify that God really does hear and answer prayers. I have witnessed and experienced miracles in my life. There is hope, there is happiness, there really are good things to come. I know it with certainty. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

With hope,
L

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I love this talk! What a happy reminder, thank you. I didn't realize that we have the exact same calling! How fun!