Monday, September 27, 2010

Only at the Fair




Oh how I love the fair! Danny and I went to the Utah State Fair last weekend. It was our third year going together! The fair is quite the place. Aside from the animals and unique displays, there is always an abundance of other "interesting" things to behold. For instance, the intoxicated electric wheel chair drivers (yes, there were several of them, and no, they did not need wheelchairs before partaking of the fair's many alcoholic concessions.) A particular fair delight new this year, was the angry auctioneer who kept yelling at either a cow or a person named Lynley, I'm not sure which. Either way, I thought it was funny to hear my name used so brazenly at a cattle auction! I don't know how many times I shook my head and said, "Only at the fair!" and yet, again and again we happily attend. As always I loved the goats and the ferris wheel most of all! I had fun taking photos and Danny was his usual good sport. What fun we had at the fair!

With love,
L

No comments: