Friday, November 5, 2010

On My Way!

Photo by Whitney Blake

Last year my dear friend Whitney and I had a great idea! An ORIGINAL idea. Wouldn't it be so cute to do a photo shoot with one of those great big balloons?! We took a trip to the local market and special ordered a giant red balloon. The girl at the customer service desk thought we were quite strange. Whitney and I took all kinds of fun photos which I will be sharing in some upcoming artwork!

Sadly, we waited to show the world our beautiful photos. With the busyness of a full time job, engagement, and newlywedhood (if that's a word) there hasn't much time to be creative--let alone blog about it. Several months after our ballooning adventures I started seeing similar images popping up all over the photography world. I was so sad. I'm not going to let that happen anymore though!

I've spent the last several years working as a full time artist on the design team at Close to my Heart. It has been a great opportunity and I have learned so much. It's time to make a change though, and I'm excited to see where I can go with a little more time and energy to focus on my own work. Look out world, I'm ON MY WAY!

With Hope,
L

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Yay Lynley! I sure do love you and miss you! I can't wait to see all the creative things you'll do.