Wednesday, December 15, 2010

1+1 is Love



Guess what?! It's official...I changed my name yesterday, finally. I had a hard time deciding if I should give up either my middle name Jill or my maiden name Dowdle...So allow me to introduce myself: Lynley Jill Dowdle Johnson. Yup. It's a mouthful, but it's me.

It's so fun being able to share my own artwork here on my little blog. (Something I didn't really get to do when working for a corporate scrapbooking business.) As an artist it feels so liberating to choose my own projects and showcase my own style and the trends that appeal to me.

Trending right now:
butterflies
doilies
vintage cameras
pennants
vintage flash-cards/school supplies

Yellow and grey with a hint of teal is such a fresh color combination. If I had lots of money and could redecorate on a whim, this would definitely be a look I'd love to translate into home decor. I've been saving a set of flash-cards for the perfect project and think the 1+1 card works nicely here as the title piece.

Creatively Yours,
L

PS: Mauri helped me print the journaling for this page. When I read it out loud she informed me that bees and honey don't go together...Pooh and honey do. Silly me!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I LOVE THIS PAGE SO MUCH! SO CUTE! I can't stand it, seriously.