Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Grateful


One of the things I love most about photography and scrapbooking is that it makes me stop and think about the little blessings in life. Noticing the little details is what brings me the most joy. When I was just a toddler, one day I saw the sunlight shining through the lace curtains in the kitchen, creating dancing shadows on the wall. I happily exclaimed that it was the "festival of lights" and invited everyone to come and see. Through a child's eyes I could see lovely dancing animals on a carousel of light. All these years later, I still find myself searching for "festival of light" moments. Of course I could never write a complete list that fully encompasses all the things that I am grateful for, but here are just a few...

Thankful for the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and a testimony of its truth.
Thankful for my dear Danny. He has my heart completely.
Thankful for my wonderful family. They are truly the best.
Thankful for my puppy Doll Doll. She's my baby.
Thankful for my beautiful and inspiring friends.
Thankful for my home, a place of safety and peace.
Thankful for my creativity. I wouldn't be me without it.
Thankful for my piano, and a heart that knows what notes to play.
Thankful for my camera, and the ability to capture moments in time.
Thankful for my own little studio. A place where I can just be me.
Thankful for my trials (sometimes). They push me, teach me, and strengthen me.

Life is about noticing and appreciating the "festival of lights" all around us. If gratitude is the memory of the heart, my heart has had many happy moments.

With Gratitude,
L

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And I am thankful for you and all your talent. Thank you for always being willing to share them. Love ya!

Lynley Jill said...

Thank you Becky! I feel the same about you! You are so generous with your amazing talents! You are wonderful! Love ya too:)