Monday, November 28, 2011

Laundry Day





Last week our washing machine wasn't working. Laundry was piling up and clothing was getting scarce. Lucky for me, I have a very handy husband who fixed it for less than ten dollars. It would have been a couple hundred had we hired someone... I'm so grateful he knows how to do things like that!!

Admittedly, I'm not awesome at keeping up with the laundry, but I am determined to do better. I really have no excuse not to.

While traveling in El Salvador, I saw some women doing their washing in the river. The people there don't have much, but they are always neat and clean. Doing the laundry is an all day process, and its hard work... no throwing a load in a machine and walking away.

I think perhaps I will frame a copy of these pictures to hang in my laundry room. What a great reminder of how truly blessed we are. We have so many luxuries at our convenience.

With Love,
L

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Having a washer and dryer in your apartment/home is a blessing indeed! I often say little "thank you prayers" for things like working appliances, hot (and clean) running water, and more than one change of clothing/shoes.

Thanks for reminding us to be grateful for the "little things," LJ!