- Standing up for myself is painfully difficult, and in the rare moments that I do... I spend hours rethinking what I said and worrying about it. "I should have..." "I shouldn't have..." (this happened yesterday)
- Trying to learn that sometimes DONE is better than PERFECT. I have piles of "unfinished" projects and it's time to commit to the "final touches" and call them complete.
- Lately I've had a hard time giving myself credit for the things that I do well. Time to stop comparing myself to everyone else and celebrate my own strengths.
- Appearances can be deceiving. Learning that if it looks perfect on the outside, I probably don't know the whole story.
- Antidotes I'm finding to perfectionism: honesty, faith, confidence, unselfishness, forgiveness, gratitude, etc.
- Publishing vulnerable posts like is very uncomfortable. Select All and Delete= very tempting.
I'm curious, what do you do to fight perfectionsim? Any insights you have on this matter that you'd like to share?