Monday, May 14, 2012

LOVE



Mother's Day is a lovely day to honor and celebrate the inspiring women in our lives... Nevertheless, for those of us who don't have children of our own yet, it can be a bit of an emotional day.

At the conclusion of church I wanted to head right out the doors; however, I noticed something that caused me to stay a little longer than I had anticipated. With a crowd of adults buzzing around, nobody seemed to notice a frightened little girl stading alone in the foyer. As soon as we made eye contact she ran towards me, reached for my hand, and asked if I would help her find her daddy. Hand in hand, we wandered all around looking for him. When we finally found her dad, she happily ran to him, turned and smiled back at me, and they headed on their way. It was a simple thing, but to me it meant a lot.

I don't have children of my own yet, though I do have a puppy who I nurture with all the love of a mother;) I also have the most beautiful nieces and nephews who I love dearly... Someday I'll be blessed with my own little ones too, and you better believe I'll love them with all my heart.

L

2 comments:

Jeni C. said...

We sure love and appreciate all you do! You are an amazing sister & aunt!

Whitney said...

May I add to what Jeni said, and tell you that you are also an amazing friend and example! The world would certainly be a darker place without its Lynley. I don't know what I would do without you! Thank you for all of the times you have reached out to me with a mother's heart. I love you!