Tuesday, December 28, 2010

With Hope

Our First Christmas
They were competing for my attention, but I loved every bit of it.
Blessings Journals
Christmas Day
Christmas Carousel

Christmas 2o1o was wonderful. While I feel a bit sad it's over, I am looking forward to finishing my December Daily album and enjoying a little reminiscing. We made journals for each member of our family with the talk "Remember Remember" by Elder Henry B Eyring printed in the first few pages. The talk encourages us to write down the blessings we see in our lives daily. I believe it will be a source of strength to us in the coming year.

Something about the end of the Christmas season and the beginning of a new year makes me rather introspective. 2010 was quite the year. It began with a memorable trip to San Diego to visit my dear friend Whitney. We had so much fun galavanting around the city taking photos and soaking up the sun. It was just what I needed. When I left, Whitney said she hoped I would let her know some good news soon... She got her good news much sooner than expected. I knew Danny would propose sometime early that year, but didn't expect him to do it promptly after picking me up from the airport! He took me directly to the Salt Lake Temple grounds and proposed that afternoon. We began happily planning our wedding and were married April 16th in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. It was a very special and beautiful day. I treasure the memories of our temple sealing and the spirit that attended that sacred ceremony. We spent the following week in Mazatlan, and I learned why Danny loves it so much there. It is a truly beautiful place.

The following months were filled with lots of busyness keeping up with work, callings, home, and family. My health wasn't doing too well and something needed to change. After a great deal of prayer and consideration, Danny and I decided it was best for me to quit my job at Close to My Heart. Soon after beginning to work from home the Bishop pulled me aside at a ward party and asked if we could talk. I knew what he wanted to discuss before he said a word. I was called to be the Young Women President. I must admit the responsibility has felt rather overwhelming at times. However, the Lord had been preparing me for the calling in many ways, and I am now seeing the blessings of fiery preparatory experiences.

While the year held its fair share of challenges, the blessings were innumerable. I'm grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who has blessed me so richly with his love. I'm grateful for a wonderful husband who sacrifices so much to make my load a little lighter, who knows how to calm my troubled heart. I'm grateful for a loving family who support and encourage Danny and I in all we do. I'm grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ who has the power to mend that which is broken. This morning during much prayer and pondering, the words, "There is hope smiling brightly before us" came to mind with great resonance. I believe they will be my motto for the coming year! Anxious to continue sharing the little moments that inspire hope here with you.

With Hope,
L

PS: Can't wait to share the photos I took of Steph and John on Christmas day!! They are so cute together!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I love your new little motto! That is one of my favorite things about the new year- a fresh start and selecting a theme to focus on. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I thought about you guys a lot!