Monday, October 29, 2012

Fresh New Perspective


Sorry for disappearing for a while--but perhaps it was a good thing that my blog ran out of space... a break from technology has really been quite refreshing.

As usual, the colder weather has brought with it more fatigue and pain, but I am managing it as well as I can. Sometimes it feels selfish to step back and rest when there are so many things that I could be doing for others--but I'm learning that the better I take care of myself, the more I have to offer to the people and things that matter most.

Over the last few years I've placed most of my time and energy into art and photography. Some of my other passions, like music and child development, kind of fell off the radar for a while. Interestingly, life seems to be bringing those talents and interests back into the forefront. I've missed those parts of myself, and I couldn't be happier to see them return.

I've been loving my new calling in the Primary presidency. It takes me back a few years to my college days working as a teacher's assistant and youth mentor.  I love those little children and want them to feel the love of the Savior in their lives.

Something I'm also really excited about is writing and recording a new CD with a dear friend! I've been wanting to get back into music for a while now, and this opportunity has been so exciting for me! I can't wait to share more about that later...

I'm anxious to get creative and make some fun projects for the holidays! I've got ideas and supplies tucked away here and there for little homemade gifts. Around here, patterned paper, fabric, scissors, and glue take up residence anywhere they can find.

As long as I have space to write and share photos, I'll try not to be so invisible!!

L

2 comments:

Whitney said...

So glad you are back! I have missed seeing all the little updates! I really have, I check your blog nearly daily :).

Laura Nielson Baxter said...

I'm so happy to hear you are getting back into music.